Here is the release the the Kansas City Chief’s just posted:
When the Kansas City ATA and Johnson County (KS) Transit discontinued public bus service to Chiefs games following last season as a cost-cutting measure, team officials immediately went searching for a solution.
After hearing from numerous Chiefs ticket holders who were dependent on public transportation to make it to games at Arrowhead Stadium, Chiefs officials now believe they may have found an answer thanks to Arrow Stage Lines who has agreed to provide limited bus service from three locations with plans to expand the service if the demand warrants it.
“We have been looking for a solution for our fans ever since the bus service ended,” said Mark Donovan, Chiefs COO. “Thanks to Arrow Stage Lines we now have a partner and a plan to provide it as a service to our fans with the capacity to expand.”
Buses will pick-up and drop-off at Ameristar Casino, Metro North and Rosanna Square beginning Sunday, October 4th, but on a reservation basis only. The new service is not a shuttle as in past years, according to Arrow officials. The location to be dropped and picked up at Arrowhead is on the northeast corner of Lot M (by Kauffman Stadium) and the buses will leave approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
Here are more details on the service:
- Fans must make reservations by calling (816) 453-8727 between the hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
- Payment must be made at the time of the reservation.
- Tickets must be purchased “in advance” for $17.50 per game or $15.00 per game if the purchase is for a season pass to include the Chiefs remaining home games.
- A walk-up bus ticket is $20 in cash only and only if seats are available. Fans without advanced reservations can’t be guaranteed a seat and there is a limit of 650 people.
- The locations for pick-up and drop-off are at Ameristar at Lot H on the east side, at Metro North at the northeast corner of the mall parking lot, and at Rosanna Square (Overland Park, KS) on the west side behind the fast-food restaurants.
- The buses leave promptly at 10:00 AM and will depart 30 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
- Again, this is not a shuttle and if you miss the bus another will not return.
Bob Moore – Kansas City Chiefs (816) 920-4353
Ken Mourey – Arrow Stage Lines (816) 453-8727